Follow this easy recipe to bring a bit of Norwegian Christmas into your kitchen! These traditional Christmas cookies, called “serinakaker” in Norwegian, are made in less than 40 minutes and taste delicious!
To make one portion (approximately 30 cookies), you need…
• 1 whipped egg
• 250 g white flour
• 2 teaspoon baking soda
• 2 teaspoon vanilla sugar
• 150 g butter
• 100 g sugar
• 1 egg white whipped together
• 1 dl chopped almonds
This is what you do:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 °C. Prepare a baking tray covered in baking paper.
2. Mix flour, baking soda and vanilla sugar in a separate bowl. Crumble butter into the dough.
3. Add sugar and a whipped egg. Mix until you have a firm dough.
4. Roll the dough into a ‘sausage’ and use a knife to cut approximately 30 even pieces. Form the pieces into balls and place them on the baking tray.
5. Flatten the balls slightly with a fork. Brush over with whipped egg white and sprinkle chopped almonds on top.
6. Bake the Serinakaker in the middle of the oven for approximately 10 minutes until they have a light golden colour. Set aside to cool on a wire rack. Store them in a sealed box!
That’s it – enjoy a Norwegian touch to your Christmas!
Recipe from matprat.no